Monday, February 7, 2011

im chris ask me questions

Dear new clear shower curtain, please quit molesting me. I prefer to have my space, especially early in the morning when I am freshly woken up. Please and thank you, definetly not sealed with love, Chelsey.
This so called 'cabin fever' seems so foreign to me. I think I got an immunity shot against it or something because I don't feel I could ever get it. I guess I am just easily entertained, but there is always something I can be doing, like writing Keith, or doing a facemask while listening to Lord of the Rings. I never once sat around my house over the course of those 4 days and thought to myself, well dang, I really wish I were at school because I’m so bored. I read a quote one time that basically said if you are by yourself and you feel alone, you are in bad company. I think that applies to entertaining ourselves also; if we can't enjoy time on our own, then are we really as great as we may think ourselves to be?
 My brother Chris makes me laugh; he’s a funny kid. Byron (my moms boyfriend, that has accomplished like everything it seems, but that’s a different story) didn't sign out of Facebook, and Chris took the chance to take advantage of such a moment. Seconds later, Byron's status was freshly posted reading "I like colored boys." Byron is friends with a lot of people that would be easily offended by that, so he made a point to say it had to go, but I quickly went and liked it before anything could be eliminated. I had to show my appreciation for such a moment.
My poor little car is not made for the snow. She tries so very hard to trug along, but all that thinking "I think I can I think I can," isn't doing much for her. Poor girl, she is definitely excited about the snow being gone. She lives for the warm weather; she does better on gas and everything then. That’s when she truly shines.
 I got a notice in my mail box saying that I needed to clear the snow from the entrance of my mail box. Hmm, it seems a bit too much to ask in my eyes. I can shovel that all day, but that doesn't stop the snow plow from coming and creating a new pile of ice to build in front of it, blocking its way again. There is only so much shoveling I can do. I think that mail lady should have some understanding and realize that the snow is just something that has to be at the moment in time. 
But wait..what is this? A thank you note?? Left from the mail lady? That caught me off guard..what a nice thing for her to do! That was unexpected. I take back all the anger I felt towards shoveling. I love when people show that they really do have a heart and that this world hasn't just turned into a bunch of unthankful selfish people.
Which leads me to my next point just because I noticed it, when i write selfish, it looks like Shellfish to me every time. There are a lot of words that just seem so odd to write. School gets me if I write it a lot. Who decided to make it ch instead of a k? It is a hard concept to explain to a kindergartner trying to sound it out by breaking it apart by syllable; it really lowers the self esteem. Why does the word write start with a silent W? What is the point to have a letter that just sits there doing nothing but confusing people? Geez.
Hot cider is so delectable to my taste buds. Whoever invented that deserves some huge award.
oh, and by the way, you may be wondering where the title of this blog came from, so here I will share this beautiful tale. I clicked the space to title it, and that is what popped up; therefore, I kept it. Compliments of Chris, of course.
^oh, and this is a song that makes me want to dance a merry jig.

No comments:

Post a Comment